Thursday, August 18, 2011

When You Pray...Believe!




An early-morning mist hovers cool and damp just above the fence line and I settle on the back patio…steam swirling from my coffee cup.

I come with a thankful heart for prayers answered - and for the ones still needing a few more stitches here and there until they fit just right.

My praise of Him births a new joy as I consider Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” And I have to ask myself:

Where do I pray from?

A spirit of victory or a heart of defeat?

Do I pray like I know Him? Is there trust behind the words and not just empty requests made of one who expects disappointment?

My heart races and joy sets me on my feet and I’m smiling inside because with my God, I can pray AND believe! I can praise Him WHILE I’m praying because He’s already granted me the peace that surpasses ALL understanding and he’s to be glorified either way! I can praise Him BEFORE the blessing because He IS the blessing!

Praise God!

“For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous
and his ears are attentive to their prayer,
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

(1 Peter 3:12) NIV

11 comments:

  1. Debbie! You bless me with this, just when I needed it God sends me your words! Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These questions are powerful, Debbie. "Where do I pray from? A spirit of victory or a heart of defeat? Do I pray like I know Him?" I want to talk to God like I know WHO I'm talking to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm going to share this on my Facebook page: http://facebook.com/proverbsnwisdom


    I love the sentences, "Do I pray like I know Him?" and that God is the blessing. I think I'll remember those sentences forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You post have hit home with me. I have been lifting up some of my requests for years and now feel like I am praying without really expecting anything to change. Thanks for the heads up and attitude adjustment.
    Blessings, Debbie!
    Pam at www.2encourage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I pray like I know Him? Do I pray like I believe? I actually wrote a post on praying this week too: believing, waiting, expecting. Good to always be reminded and challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I found you via Pam's featured blog post. You have posed some very pointed questions and one that each of us should really examine. There are times that I think we slip into praying w/o much expectation especially after a thing has persisted for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post."Is there trust behind the words I pray"...made me think.Yes, I "can" pray "and" believe! Thank you for this post! I found you through Pam @2encourage. Glad I checked your blog out. Will be following.
    Blessings in Him...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thx for the reminder...Your questions challenge my heart. Thx for posting.



    www.keena-itsmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I believe! I just don't always give up completely and go to Him. This morning I did. I cried and cried as I prayed.

    We (me) stray from daily prayer and Bible reading at our own detriment.

    Thank you for your post. I look forward to reading more. Found you from Pam at 2 Encourage.

    BTW, I think your blog design is lovely. Also, I usually don't like music on blogs, but yours is very calming and inspiring. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie - I found you at Pam's to-encourage. I love your blog and posts and am your latest follower. Looking forward to your next post.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie,
    I found you over on Pam's site, 2 Encourage! I knew if your writing blessed her, that I should come get blessed myself! I love your post and the part where you asked "Do I pray like I know Him?" blessed me all the way down in my spirit! Thank you so much for sharing. You are a blessing!
    ~Erin
    www.mynuggetsoftruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails