Friday, June 1, 2012

What Affirmation Looks Like


“…being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
(Phil. 1:6) NIV

'Decorative watering can' photo (c) 2011, Tony Newell - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

I hurry with the hose from one end of the garden to the other. The afternoon heat really takes its toll on my poor butterfly bush. Leaves on the shrubs are drooping and even the vines are finding it hard to cling to their supports.

I look at my sad garden and shake my head – I can SO relate; it’s easy to droop, to wilt and feel discouraged; to forget about pushing through the dirt and shine your face to the Son.

It’s easy to get caught up in what I’m not able to accomplish….
”but, do you really believe He’d give you a dream and a task if He expected you to do it alone?” I remind myself.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
(John 15:5) NIV
 'Flower' photo (c) 2005, Shagun - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
Affirmation is all around the garden. God began a good work in each and every living thing planted in the soil. He knew the gift and the joy each element would bring. Through the storms and the heat of day, God’s purpose still remains.

He knows all about your storms, too. He’s there when you’re wilting and defeated, yet He plans to grow you so you may bloom anyway.
Look around. There’s affirmation all around you. It’s there in the garden. There in a child’s eyes. You feel it deep down when you cross one finish line and race toward the next….it’s the completion of what God began in you; faith and hope carried out.

It seems that just when you think you’ve lost your spark and lost your vision, He speaks to the cold center of discouragement and whispers, “….but my plans for you remain. I’ve chosen you to carry this out and I’m here with you as you do.”

I love how the Lord works – just when we’ve lost our way and lost our hope, He somehow breathes life back into the dream…back into His purpose for us.

It only takes that one phone call – that one conversation – that one word that sets everything right again. It tells the heart that you’re doing the right thing by holding firm in your faith even when giving in is easier and a shorter distance to crawl. He somehow brings light to discouragement and sets you back on course. With your feet firmly planted in faith, things just seem to come together NOT “out of the blue,” but straight FROM His hands!

Lost YOUR vision?
Lost YOUR spark?
Don’t do it for YOU – do it for HIM!

Maybe the solution is to start out faithful – and finish there, as well.

May He affirm His plans and purpose for you today!
Many Blessings,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails