Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Drag and Drop

Help Key




Steam from my coffee cup swirls and I rub the sleep from my eyes. It’s an early morning with much to do and the bright computer screen pierces through the dark of 5:30am. I’m still hazy, trying to see and think clearly through my mind fog.
Even at this hour, the words and that same thought remain.
It’s the visual scenario I took away from last Sunday’s sermon. The thought of me sitting in a room void of all things and of all people…except Jesus. There’s only He and I with nothing but space and silence between us because words seem trite in His presence.
He’s sitting there open and ready to receive all that I hope to hand over to him. All the “stuff” weighing me down and bringing the strife…all the thorns of life that aren’t of Him.
Sort of like the computer screen glowing in early morning and the blinking cursor ready, waiting for that moment when I decide the burden is no longer mine to bear. Much like dragging computer documents from one full, oversized file into one with space available to handle it ALL.
It’s a simple drag-and-drop process, really.
I think of how I drag the worry, the fear, the inadequacies, one by bitter one and drop them into His capable hands. I drag ragged me to the hem of His garment and drop at His feet.
I drag the sharp words spoken in anger, the ones spun into the air without thought.
I drag the judging, the sarcasm and all the times I haven’t come through for those I love.           
I drag the guilt and the shame, too.
I drag the pain and hurt caused by others – it’s not mine, anymore!
One. By. Bitter. One.
I remove them from my mind and from my heart…from my “file” and hand them over.
It’s how salvation happens.
We come to Him dragging it all behind us; the ugly filth of it all. And He invites us to leave every shred of it behind; to leave it where it drops and cast not a single glance back - and to simply reach for His hand.
He’s there now ready for us all to simply drag and drop all that we have and all that we are…
to simply say “yes” to Him!

For if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. (Romans 10:9-10)



2 comments:

  1. A very good post. If we didn't have Jesus, we would be in the worst shape imaginable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you see and apply the things we use everyday to spiritual principles. I need to do come clicking and dragging myself:)
    Have a super sweet day, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails